And so it begins. AGAIN.

We first visited Madison in early March of 2000. It was 55 and sunny, and the committee trying to woo Bryan into their grad school program assured us that was normal Madison weather for early spring.

It wasn’t.

But in Kansas, 55 and sunny IS normal, or at least not unusual, for this time of year. This winter, though, has felt very Wisconsin-like in comparison. After an inch or so of sleet today, we’ve seen another few inches of snow. I can safely say I’ve seen more snow this winter than I have our four previous winters combined.

It’s pretty, but I really hope it melts tomorrow.

The roads are remarkably slick, but air temperatures are hovering right around 32 degrees.

What’s it like where you are tonight?

1. Posted by Karyl on February 24, 2011 at 9:11 pm

About 8 inches of snow – it is beautiful, we have a fire going, and are warm and cozy. And, it is almost March, and spring will arrive. Then, we will be missing the ‘snow days’!

2. Posted by Doug Smith on February 25, 2011 at 7:04 am

It was a weird snow. Omaha got hardly anything. A very light dusting. But Sarpy and northern Cass counties got a real snowstorm! There’s something satisfying, or inducing of smugness, to get the worst weather. “Yep, we got it bad. And those wimps in Omaha didn’t get anything.”

3. Posted by Rebecca's Mom on February 25, 2011 at 9:45 am

Digging out this morning from 9″ of new snow. Ten degrees. 25-30 mph winds from the northeast. Snow is forecast for the entire weekend. Hard to believe we left 84-degrees, sunshine and rolling surf for this . . .

On the other hand, the eagles are soaring above the frozen lake looking for breakfast. Deer tracks prove who has been feasting on Ava’s pink pussy willow shrub at night; and the birds are thrilled we are home to replenish their feeders.

If I could just reacclimate!

4. Posted by Katie on February 25, 2011 at 3:05 pm

82 degrees here in Southern Florida. Partly cloudy, but I suppose I dare not complain about clouds on this particular thread.

5. Posted by Rebecca on February 25, 2011 at 3:10 pm

Poor form, Katie.

6. Posted by Gramma Great on February 25, 2011 at 3:59 pm

Dare I add to this???? On South Padre Island, it is about 80 degrees, blue sky, surf is rolling in and it is beautiful!!! But you know what? I think I will be ready to head back home next week! Crazy, isn’t it? Just promise me that the snow and ice will all be gone by then.