You can take the girl out of Wisconsin…

Ava: “School’s closed?! Did it snow three feet, or just two?”

In reality, it only snowed a few inches, but more is on the way. Still, though, closing the schools seems a bit . . . unnecessary. Ava spent the morning helping Bryan shovel snow, I think mostly so she could try out her new snowsuit and boots. Bryan’s at home with the girls this morning, and I made it to work without any trouble. (Admittedly, thanks in large part to four wheel drive.)

What’s it like where you are?

1. Posted by Karyl on January 10, 2011 at 10:46 am

Lots of snow! The Moose is closed today – when the Gretna schools are closed, so is the Moose. WE have about 6″ so far. It is cold – snowing, still, but very beautiful!

2. Posted by Laura on January 10, 2011 at 1:00 pm

I haven’t seen a snowflake!

3. Posted by Doug Smith on January 10, 2011 at 1:27 pm

I’m heading home for a snowblower session, even though it’s still snowing. I love the first snow-blowing assignment of the year, then not so much!

4. Posted by Jessica on January 10, 2011 at 3:37 pm

I am in MN and there have been light flurries all day but no accumulation. It is, however, cold as vampire skin…sorry I finally broke down and watched Twilight.

5. Posted by Jack on January 10, 2011 at 6:30 pm

Here in Wisconsin we use brooms for 6″ of snow.

6. Posted by Rebecca on January 10, 2011 at 8:57 pm